- Working Hours: 35 hrs a week
- Salary: Dependant on experience
- Duration: Permanent
- Line management: Estate and Centre Manager
The role of the Head Caterer is to plan, supervise and co-ordinate all elements of the catering provision at Hautbois Activity Centre, including food preparation, to meet customer expectations, food hygiene standards and financial targets. The Head Caterer is responsible for the implementation of policies and procedures, ensuring that all legal and regulatory requirements are met and continuing to develop them as regulations change.
Key accountabilities and deliverables:
• To organise, lead and motivate the catering team, including training permanent and seasonal staff as required.
• To plan menus in consultation with Group Leaders or event coordinators,
taking into account seasonal variations, the provision of a healthy balanced diet and any special dietary needs as required.
• To prepare and cook a high quality range of food for guests and lead the catering team by example, encouraging the catering team to excel and improve their skills and technique.
• To ensure the dining room and dining marquee are prepared for residential
and day groups.
• To plan promotions, special events and initiatives and assist the Estate and Centre Manager and the Deputy Manager to improve and develop the
• To regularly monitor the quality of the catering provision and service to ensure the highest standards are maintained.
• To co-ordinate and supervise the management of facilities eg checking event bookings and allocating resources and staff as necessary.
• To keep abreast of trends and developments in catering such as seasonal menus, changing allergen requirements, trends in consumer tastes and management issues.
Key accountabilities and deliverables for all Hautbois Activity Centre staff:
• Implement the Hautbois Activity Centre and Girlguiding Anglia Health and Safety Policy and follow best practice in all areas of health and safety
• Build and maintain good working relationships with all colleagues and volunteers across Girlguiding Anglia
• Keep confidential all matters relating to Girlguiding Anglia, and in accordance with current legislation, including storage and release of data and images
• Ensure that the Region promotes a positive professional image at all times
• Carry out any other duties which may reasonably be required to ensure that Hautbois Activity Centre functions efficiently and effectively.
The role will include working closely with: Estate and Centre Manager Deputy Estate and Centre Manager Activities Manager Hautbois Activity Centre staff teams
- To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required to fulfil the duties of this post.
- Hours will include weekend and evening shifts. Evening shifts are usually finished by 9pm.
- Regular weekend working and some evening cover will be required for which time off in lieu will be given.
- Maintain confidentiality for all matters relating to Hautbois Activity Centre, Girlguiding Anglia and their customer s and members in accordance with current legislation, General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR).
- The ability to drive is desirable.
Please complete the application form and equality and diversity monitoring form below. CV’s are not accepted.
Closing Date for Applications: Friday 1st October 2021
Shortlisting: Candidates will be invited to interview on the basis of their application.
Interviews: Interviews will take place by arrangement and times and dates will be confirmed by email/telephone.
If you have not heard about the outcome of your application by 8th October 2021 please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.