- Working Hours: 35 hrs a week
- Salary: £9-£11 per hour (Dependant on experience)
- Duration: 31 May to 31 July 2021 – employment beyond this date may be offered
- Line management: Deputy Estate and Centre Manager
The role of the Caterer is to support and assist the catering team to deliver a high- quality catering service, including food preparation, cooking and serving meals to guests. The role helps to ensure that the catering service at Hautbois meets customer expectations and food hygiene standards and that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
Key accountabilities and deliverables:
- Catering provision: To prepare, cook and serve meals to guests. To maintain the highest standards of catering and food hygiene, including careful preparation of food to comply with allergen and dietary requirements. To assist and support the catering team to maintain the catering facilities to a high standard. To prepare the dining areas for weekday and weekend events.
- Health & safety: To ensure all health and safety regulations are strictly observed, including cleaning schedules, documentation and wearing of appropriate clothing – uniform and PPE will be provided. To ensure all necessary Health & Safety requirements are met with regard to Allergens, COSHH, Manual Handling and Food Hygiene To ensure all catering equipment is maintained in accordance with regulations and best practice
- Other areas: To interact with suppliers and guests and deal with them in a friendly, helpful and polite manner.
Key accountabilities and deliverables for all Hautbois Activity Centre staff:
- Implement the Hautbois Activity Centre and Girlguiding Anglia Health and Safety Policy and follow best practice in all areas of health and safety
- Keep confidential all matters relating to Girlguiding Anglia, and in accordance with current legislation, including storage and release of data and images Promote a positive professional image at all times
- Carry out any other duties which may reasonably be required to ensure that Hautbois Activity Centre functions efficiently and effectively.
The role will include working closely with: Estate and Centre Manager Deputy Estate and Centre Manager Activities Manager Hautbois Activity Centre staff teams
- To undertake any other duties that may reasonably be required to fulfil the duties of this post.
- Hours will include weekend and evening shifts. Evening shifts are usually finished by 9pm.
- Maintain confidentiality for all matters relating to Hautbois Activity Centre, Girlguiding Anglia and their customer s and members in accordance with current legislation, General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR).
- Own transport required as there is no public transport locally in the evening and none at all on Sundays.
Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications: applications will be reviewed weekly in order to recruit on or before 31 May 2021
Shortlisting: Candidates will be invited to interview on the basis of their application.
Interviews: Interviews will take place by arrangement and times and dates will be confirmed by email/telephone.
If you have not heard about the outcome of your application by 31 May 2021 please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.