Our Family Activity Sessions are back for 2021!
Our Family Activity Sessions are available throughout the year. There are up to four sessions a day and are run at 09:30-11:00, 11:15-12:45, 13:30-15:00 and 15:15-16:45. Please arrive 15 minutes early to allow time to check in at reception.
Please be aware that adult supervision is required for all of our activity Sessions.
Advance booking essential – visit our online booking portal to check availability and book.
If the date you were looking for is not available, please contact the office – it may be possible to add an additional date subject to availability.
The perfect opportunity to challenge family members and join us for an adventure!
- Stand Up Paddleboarding: The perfect opportunity to challenge family members and see how you’d fare on the water! This Family Activity Session offers you the chance to learn new skills and channel your inner adventurer. Learn to stand up on our paddle boards and head out onto the River Bure! Will you be able to stay dry? Sessions run for 90 minutes and are available for over 7’s.
- Canoe Safari: With the guidance from our instructors, you and your family can spend time out exploring the River Bure in our canoes. There’s loads of exciting things to discover and plenty of time to master paddling our Canadian Canoes or the twin hulled Katakanus. Suitable adult must participate alongside children. Average journey length 3 hours.
- Kayaking: Why not try you hand at paddling on our sit-on-top kayaks – you will have a great time exploring the river Bure. There’s loads of exciting things to discover and plenty of time to master paddling. Sessions run for 90 minutes and are available for over 7’s.
- Zipwire: This activity is all about getting your feet off the ground! Bring your family to try one of Hautbois’ roped activities and whiz along the zip line. Sessions run for 90 minutes and are available for over 5’s
- Climbing Wall: With the assistance of a member of the Hautbois activities team, you will learn to belay and climb our 30ft purpose built climbing wall. With 4 different levels of difficulty even the most nimble of climbers will be challenged! Sessions run for 90 minutes and are available for over 5’s
- Archery: With the help of a Hautbois Instructor you’ll learn how to shoot recurve bows on one of our archery ranges. Concentration is key – think happy thoughts and let the string go! With lots of games and competitions, this activity will spark the competition within your family! Sessions run for 90 minutes and are available for over 5’s
Norfolk Childrens’ University:
Remember also that all the Family Activity sessions count towards the Norfolk Childrens’ University – bring along your passport and have that stamped too.