Trying something new is an essential part of guiding. We offer units and individuals the chance to earn a badge, gain new skills and grow in confidence.
We offer a range of Brownie and Guide Badge Days throughout the year but we can also arrange a customised Badge Day for your unit, please contact us to find out more.
Brownie Badge Days usually run from 10am to 4pm and cost £19.50 per Brownie.
Guide Badge Days usually run from 10am – 4pm and cost £20 per Guide
Brownie Badge Days
Wildlife Explorer Badge –Using their Nature Notebook, Brownies discover different areas of Hautbois whilst looking for wildlife. Throughout the day, they will have the chance to create their own bird feeders and take part in pond dipping.
Seasons Badge –Brownieswill work to complete one clause from each of the seasons to work towards their Seasons Badge including:
- creating a bug hotel/ designing a bird house
- using our purpose built bird hide to complete our ‘SPOT IT! Sheet
- creating a leaf rainbow
- going on a scavenger hunt
- understanding which clothes are suitable to wear in cold and dark weather during the winter.
Monkey Climbing and Obstacle Course sessions are also included as part of the day.
Water Safety Badge –Brownies learn all about water safety including their own and others care in and around the water and take part in some of our on-site water activities, such as canoeing and raft building.
Out and About Badge –Brownies will learn and explore:
- how to dress for walking and rambling
- which items they would choose to pack in their rucksack
- how to use a map of the estate
- how to set a map using landmarks
- how to use the Green Cross Code
Taking part in our Obstacle Course and Orienteering Course will also be included in the day
Badge Days usually run from 10am to 4pm and cost £19.50 per Brownie.
Guide Badge Days
Outdoor Pursuits Badge –Taking part in three of our on-site adventurous activities, the girls will:
- discuss the safety rules, clothing and equipment required for the activities
- find out about any qualifications available in their favourite activity
- how they are able to take it further whilst taking part in multiple tasks and games.
Guides will have the chance to experience the very best of the great outdoors – from scaling the heights of our climbing tower to taking to the water in kayaks.
Active Response Badge –This badge helps girls understand the importance of responding quickly and safely when faced with an accident or emergency. The day covers:
- basic First Aid
- how to help somebody struggling in water
- how to make an emergency call
- how to make preparations for going on an outing.
The Guides will take part in three of our on-site activities; bridge building, shelter building and the obstacle course.
Survival Badge –This badge teaches Guides how to be prepared when taking a journey in an unknown area. The day will consist of:
- lighting fires to enable the girls to cook themselves a two-course meal
- finding North without the use of a compass
- building an emergency shelter
- recognising edible and non-edible plants.
The Guides will take part in archery, shelter building and orienteering as part of the Survival Badge.
Water Safety Badge –This badge enables Guides to learn all about water safety whilst taking part in some of our on-site water activities such as canoeing and raft building. They will:
- illustrate the water safety code
- understand why it is important for them to put their own safety first
- learn how they can help somebody in difficulty in the water
- learn about the suitable first aid treatment for somebody who has been in water.
Badge Days usually run from 10am – 4pm and cost £20 per Guide.
Hautbois Challenge Badge
Are you going to take up the challenge at Hautbois?
We now have a Hautbois Challenge Badge which will offer an adventure to Girlguiding members – Guide, Brownie or Rainbow.
The Hautbois Challenge keep girls engaged and challenged and incorporates some Hautbois adventures along the way.
They are all led by fully qualified Hautbois instructors and everyone taking part will receive a badge!